It’s hard for me to believe this this is my 52nd post. That means I have published a post a week for a full year. I’ve shocked myself with how easy it was to stay consistent.
Happy anniversary to “Inspired Leader Monday Motivations.”
Why do I write?
I am inspired to lead you away from overworking and towards a joyful life. I write stories because they are an effective way to teach.
This weeks post is a look back at the last year. I have categorized my articles into specific coach-y topic areas. My articles contain stories and examples that demonstrate what a certified coach means when we talk about:
- Thoughts – We think 60000 thoughts a day. They are intentional and unintentional
- The power of questions – Your mind goes to work answering the exact question it is asked.
- The story vs. the facts – When we tell a story it is full of thoughts and facts. The facts are far fewer than we think
- Buffering – When we are trying to avoid an emotion, we buffer with things like procrastination, tv, snacks, drinks, task switching, email checking, complaining etc.
- Past vs. future focus – We can plan our future based on what we already know how to do (limiting), or based on what we know we can learn to do (the sky is the limit).
- Achieving outcomes – How to go about achieving a goal or outcome.
- Holding space for yourself and others – Let go of judgement of self and others. Be curious. Pause.
- Feelings – The value of emotions and what they do for us.
- Boundaries – How to set respectful calm boundaries that honor you.
Below is a directory of articles from the last year, grouped by these coaching topic areas. Click each title to read the article. And then I want to hear from you! Which of these are your favorites? Are there other topics you want to hear about? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know.
|Those Pesky Adjectives
|The Word Should
|The Great Calming
|What do you believe about yourself?
|I hated to be told to “think differently”!
|Are you always thinking about what else you should be doing?
The power of questions
The story versus the facts
|I live to be inspired. I love to inspire.
|Definition of Inspired and Leader
|Credit for my inspiration
|Be careful the stories you tell about yourself.
|Are you overworking because of email?
|Is it working, overworking, or overwhelming?
|Overworking is reacting to an urge.
Past vs. future focus
|Go ahead! Get your hopes up!
|Let’s kick-start your Monday together
|Birthdays, New Years, and Mondays
|Leadership lessons from Horses
|How much time do you lose talking about being busy?
|Service and Sacrifice
Holding space for yourself and others
|Don’t Speak for Others
|Let’s talk feedback: You’ve got to tell people when they have spinach in their teeth
|Emotion at work
|So. How do you feel about work?
|Stop Being Frantic This Holiday
|When something sucks
|Don’t Be a Traffic Jam
|Why people don’t do what you want. (it’s not laziness)
|Are you Overworking?
|We are bad at estimating and so we overwork
Career coaching to create –
Confidence, Performance, Connection. Schedule Now
Copyright InspiredLeader LLC 2023